Pages

May 09, 2007

Who are the Bee Gees?


My 26 year old neighbor once asked me who the Bee Gees were. I'm still recovering from the shock of that question. And her favorite movie is Grease. Go figure. Anyway, I hope she wasn't watching American Idol tonight. It was a dreadful night. I was prepared for an evening of my favorite Bee Gees songs, Tragedy, More Than A Woman, How Deep Is Your Love, etc. But instead of hits we got a bunch of songs no one had ever heard and will probably never hear again. Ugh! It was made all the worse by the fact that I watched the whole thing on the treadmill. I felt trapped.

Tragedy!
When the feelings gone
And you can't go on
It's tragedy!

1 comment:

Jay Larsen said...

Makes you feel old.
I was in a college class where the professor referenced Mr. Spock. And this freshman raised her hand and asked, "Who is Mr. Spock?" The Prof said, "You know, from Star Trek." And she said, "Oh, is he the android? I thought his name was Data or sumthing."

I told Chani once that she sounded like a broken record. And she said, "What's that mean?"