Pages

May 09, 2007

Next


Expectation is half the battle. Today was free popcorn Tuesday. I love free popcorn Tuesday but the only two movies playing today that I would even consider seeing were Next and Invisible. The trailer for Next looked horrible and I really didn't want to see it but I went anyway, just to get my free popcorn and I actually had a fabulous time. I imagined I'd be walking out after 30 minutes but I was totally engrossed from the beginning.

Next is basically Groundhog Day rewritten as an action movie. It's about life and the choices we make to affect the future. Imagine being able to see 2 minutes in to the future and making decisions based on that information, that's the premise.

The only people in the theater were me and a couple. During the opening credits when Nicolas Cage's name popped up on the screen, the young woman loudly exclaimed, "Nicolas Cage?!?!?!?" She was beside herself with excitement. I'm always intrigued by people who buy movie tickets without knowing anything about the movie. They know they want to see it but they know NOTHING about it! Imagine seeing Spiderman 3 and yelling out during the credits, "Tobey Maguire!?!?!?!"

And another thing, why is Jessica Biel suddenly in every movie? I don't understand.

No comments: