Pages

May 05, 2007

I33T


I'm pretty savvy with the computer and the "internets". I may ask my friends for spelling and diet tips but I rarely need tech support. But whenever I need to be humbled. I look to my girlfriend, Carolyn Anhalt. She has her own blog and she truly is a computer and tech wizard. She tries to act humble but she knows full well she's smarter than 99.9% of the people on the planet.

So last week I ask her about the capitalization of the word Internet and she makes a reference to I33t kids. I have nooooo fucking clue what she means and I wasn't up to playing Sherlock Holmes that day. So today, I'm Googling something and I come across the pic below.

What the fuck is all this? And more importantly, why don't I don't take two minutes and Google it. Why am I resistant to researching this mystery? Questions for my therapist, maybe, but in the meantime Carolyn, what the hell is all this I33t stuff???

1 comment:

carolyn said...

first of all, it wasn't i33t, it's l33t or l337 in some circles.

http://ryanross.net/leet/

http://home.no.net/hellshl/main/translate.html