Pages

May 25, 2007

The Cars

All the traffic today is on the freeway and not to this blog so I'm posting for you few lonely shut-ins that have nowhere to go but the Internet. Miss Horwitz has descended on Casa de Oceanside but is she hanging out with me? No, the bitch is at the gym. She's obsessed. OBSESSED! Last night we took a lovely walk on the beach at 2 AM and collected lots of intact seashells. My straight neighbor is having a BBQ and he keeps trying to get me to eat one of his hot dogs. "Ronnie, it looks like a penis! Just eat it." I love having straight men beg me to eat their hot dogs!


Now see how it goes! I try to start a nice little post about Memorial Day Weekend and it all ends up a slutty mess with references to straight men and dick. I can't help myself. I apologize.

And speaking of obsession. I can't stop listing to Drive by the Cars. Or is it just Cars? If the name of the band is Cars does one say, "I'm listening to Drive by Cars. That doesn't sound right. Hmmmm. Now I'm perplexed. You wouldn't say, "I'm listening to Hungry Like the Wolf by the Duran Duran. So I guess I'm listening to Drive by Cars.

Update: It's The Cars.

I actually saw Ric Ocasek once in the Village. We passed each other and he looked EXACTLY like he does in the music videos. He's a very odd looking human. And I suspect he likes it that way.

Excerpt from Ocasek Interview:




Do you remember where you were the first time you heard a Muzak version of a Cars song?

It was "Drive" and I was in an elevator [laughs]. I heard the London symphony do "Drive" [also], and that was weird.

Click here and you can listen as well and sing along with the lyrics I've provided.

Drive

Who's gonna tell you when,
It's too late,
Who's gonna tell you things,
Aren't so great.

You cant go on, thinkin',
Nothings' wrong, but bye,
Who's gonna drive you home,
tonight.?

Who's gonna pick you up,
When You fall?
Who's gonna hang it up,
When you call?

Who's gonna pay attention,
To your dreams?
And who's gonna plug their ears,
When you scream?

You can't go on, thinkin'
Nothings wrong, but bye,
(who's gonna drive you)
(who's gonna drive you)
Who's gonna drive you home, tonight?
(who's gonna drive you home)

(bye baby)
(bye baby)
(bye baby)
(bye baby)

Who's gonna hold you down,
When you shake?
Who's gonna come around,
When you break?

You can't go on, thinkin',
Nothin's wrong, but bye,
(Who's gonna drive you)
(who's gonna drive you)
Who's gonna drive you home, tonight?
(who's gonna drive you home)

Oh, you know you can't go on, thinkin',
Nothin's wrong,
(Who's gonna drive you)
(Who's gonna drive you home)
Who's gonna drive you home, tonight?

(bye baby)
(bye baby)
(bye baby)


No comments: