Pages

May 06, 2007

Spiderman 3


Once again, my viewing of Spiderman was tainted by a sea of text-messaging in a sold-out theatre. Stopping text-messaging during movies may become my new obsession.

I didn't like the movie, I didn't hate the movie. I thought it failed but not in a Speed 2 type of way. It just was stop and go for me. I don't care about Spidermans' feelings and I don't care about the Dunst character, MJ. I want non-stop, edge-of-my-seat action. They spent 300 million, I want a fucking thrill ride. I felt like I was watching a weak Woody Allen movie interspersed with action sequences. Too much talk talk talk. Shut the fuck up and fight! For me, Batman Begins is, hands down, the best comic book movie I've ever seen. What Spiderman needs is Christopher Nolan. I'm even tired of Tobey Maguire and his condescending, flat-lined performances. He seems bored by Spiderman and acting in general and his boredom is contagious.

I might see it again in a month when the theaters are empty and my expectation is completely non-existent but for now I'm extremely disappointed. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: