Pages

May 30, 2007

Pirates 3


How can the most beautiful movie ever made be so completely uninvolving? (By the way, my dictionary claims "uninvolving" isn't a word. But I'm using it anyway. I've been using it for years and I will continue to use it. It's a great word to describe a movie or play that does not get you involved as you watch it.)

Now back to Pirates:

Maybe it's not the most beautiful movie ever made but it's damn close. The last 2 Pirate movies awed me with their design, lighting and costumes and bored me with their nonsensical plot lines. I can't follow the stories, I don't want to follow the stories. It's all a bunch of nonsense; hearts, lockers, fathers, sons, who cares? Does anyone find this plot stuff compelling. Does anyone really sit there and think, "Oh God, I hope he gets the locker." I sit there and think, "Oh God, the buttons on that jacket are beautiful." I'm thinking of going back with my iPod and just watching it while I listen to my favorite music.

I'm still waiting to see that movie I love so much that I walk out, buy a ticket, and walk right by in; that hasn't happened for me in a very long time. I remember when Nightmare Before Christmas came out, I saw it every single night for a week and before it left theatres I had seen it 12 times, but that was a long time ago. I want to fall in love, again. I really do.

No comments: