Pages

May 24, 2007

The Plot Thickens


When of my favorite games is asking people the story of Pirates 2. No one and I repeat NO ONE can tell me the plot of the second film. So imagine my dismay when I start reading reviews that say things like:

"At World's End is visually exciting but after three movies I'm still confused about this plot"

"It won't matter whether you've seen the first two Pirates movies or not. You'll still be confused."

"Such a tangled thicket of overwritten, labyrinthine mythology, backstabbing betrayals and mixed motivations that a massive chunk of the running time is devoted to characters standing around on boats, trying like hell to explain the plot to one another."

Maybe they should make Cliff Notes for these films.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought PIRATES 2 was overloaded with characters, subplots and scenes, but not to the point of spoiling it. I enjoyed the movie.

But online reviews keep saying PIRATES 3: THE SEARCH FOR SPARROW is too convoluted with the same stuff.

SPIDER MAN 3 is guilty of the same crime. These mega-blockbuster serials can get real complacent and indulgent after first success.