Pages

May 09, 2007

Just Say No


I was invited to brunch at 10 AM. I said, "No." They asked again. I said, "No." One, I don't like making plans a week in advance and two, I don't schedule ANYTHING before 2 pm. That's my rule. The night before the brunch I'm talking to my two friends and they say,"you're going to brunch period. You're going." They don't ask me they tell me. I'm tired of saying no so I say, "fine, I'll go." They wore me down. Fast forward to 6 am, 4 hours before the brunch. I text-message them saying: 'I'm going to bed. Won't be at brunch. Sorry." The next day they get mad at me, MAD AT ME, because I bowed out and here's the coup de' grace, they say, "Well, Ronnie if you didn't want to go, you should've just said no."

I almost lost it. I did say no, you tricky motherfuckers. I said it 10 times. Maybe, before I turn 40 I'll master the art of saying, "NO."

No comments: