Pages

May 05, 2007

Joe Close


I love this photo of Joe Bailey as Glenn Close in Fatal Attraction. I find it sad and funny at the same time. My favorite funny is always intertwined with sadness. I worked with Joe hundreds of times. He's one of the only pure people I've ever met. Pure meaning he always did EXACTLY what he said he would, he treated everyone with total respect and he doesn't have a mean bone in his body. He is a genuinely good person. I wouldn't call Joe a friend because we never socialized and we don't keep in touch but I LOVED working with him and I'm glad he's still doing theater. And I really did LOVE working with him. Read my blog! Tell me how many actors I've said that about! Not many! I really LOVED working with Joe. He has his own theatre company in Detroit right now, called the Who Wants Cake Theatre Company, don't ask me what the fuck it means. Anyway, they're producing a stage version of Fatal Attraction. Didn't one of the 80's-Corys do it Off-Broadway? Cory Feldman or Cory Haim? Anyway, go see it!

No comments: