Pages

April 30, 2007

Kickin' it Old Skool


The first serious comedy of the year, Kickin' it Old Skool operates on many levels. It's not just a comedy about a break dancer stuck in the past but it's also about the nature of time and the importance of break dancing as a serious form of expression.

Oh, who the fuck am I kidding??? I didn't see this and I can't imagine I ever will. I rarely go to stupid comedies (except my own, of course) but I do enjoy reading the synopsis.

"In 1986, a freak break dancing accident put Justin Schumacher in a coma. Now, 20 years later, he (Jamie Kennedy) is waking up to a new world and discovering that the more things change, the more he's stayed the same. With the girl of his dreams (Maria Menounos) engaged to marry his grade-school nemesis (Michael Rosenbaum), and his parents drowning in the debt of his medical costs, Justin must rally his former squad, bust a move, and win back the girl of his dreams."

Inspiring!

No comments: