Pages

April 23, 2007

Stevie For A Day

Thankfully, jealousy is not a disease I suffer from. I figured out very young that jealousy is a waste of energy. There is no ones life I would rather be living than my own. HOWEVER, if I could live someone else's life for just a few days I would want to be Stevie Nicks. Whenever I can't decide what music to listen to I always run back to Fleetwood Mac. Gypsy is one of my favorite songs of all time. I spent an hour last night watching Stevie videos on YouTube and reading about her on Wikipedia and it all just seems so unique. There is only one Stevie Nicks; the voice, the hair, the clothes. Oh, to spend a night in her shawls singing that White-Winged-Dove song to the masses. And no, I don't want to be a Nicks impersonator. I want to be her. I want to see the world through her eyes, I want to think with her brain and sing with her vocal cords and greet her fanatical fans. That would be something to experience. But only for a few days. No more than two.

Watch this video and try not feel Stevie envy. And then watch the second video and hear how her voice has gotten richer with time (and cocaine).



No comments: