Pages

April 01, 2007

Shooter


I really liked this movie, ALOT! It's a great companion piece to Hills Have Eyes 2. It's another film about patriots battling monsters. Great action, very suspenseful, good acting. And I saw it in a theater packed with Marines and at one point a character does a speech about Bush and the lies he told about WMD's and for a few moments I felt uncomfortable for the audience of these men who signed up to serve the government and are now watching a movie about how corrupt that government is. It was an interesting experience.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought this movie was ridiculous.

If you can suspend disbelief long enough to think 2 guys could booby trap an entire complex of mercenaries into submission with perfectly timed explosions and snipes, not to mention the idea that every agent and officer of the U.S. government is a corrupt conspirator, then you're a greater man than I!