Pages

April 08, 2007

My Mother The Car


37 years ago my Mom gave me this balloon for Easter and today she gave me a shiny remote control car. Actually the car was a Christmas present from about 5 years ago but I finally took it out of it's package this afternoon. My parents were kind enough to include batteries and as I was putting them in I became overwhelmed with emotion. In some small way, I felt like I was bringing my mother back to life. I turned it on and the revving of the wheels comforted me. I drove it around my driveway and the neighbor kid said, "My mom drives better than you." I continued driving the car, thinking about the life and death of my mother and the profound sense of loss I carry everyday. I'm angry that my mother spent much of her life in suffering and died so young but today my mother was resurrected in the form of a remote control car so it was a happy Easter after all.

No comments: