Pages

April 15, 2007

Perfect Stranger


I wanna hear Oprah say, "My guest today is Halle Berry and her latest movie is another stinker just like Catwoman and Gothika. Halle, I love ya but you sure do make some crappy movies!"

But it's not just Halle, Perfect Stranger features the worst collection of performances ever assembled in one film. It's not filled with bad actors just bad acting. Save Bruce Willis, every performance is dreadful. And actually, the worst offender is the once-promising and not-untalented Giovanni Ribisi who continues his depressing slide into hammy self-indulgence. Is this the same actor who was so spot on in Saving Private Ryan and Lost in Translation. Watch the abysmal film Basic where Ribisi plays a gay soldier? His performance ranks with Carey Elwes in Saw and James Franco in Annapolis as the one of the worst screen performances of all time. But anyway, back to the ironically titled Perfect Stranger or as I call it, Perfect Shit.

I blame the director and casting people cause even the cameos and extras suck. So many tiny roles performed so badly. Bruce Willis is fine; I always like Bruce Willis. Halle Berry isn't completely awful but after Catwoman and Gothika I truly question her judgement in picking directors and scripts. To be fair to the writer, this script might have worked OK with a different cast and a different director but we'll never know for sure.

The more I think about the plot none of it really makes sense. For instance, Bruce Willis plays a famous New Yorker cheating on his wife (this is in the trailers) and we're told he goes out of his way to keep it hidden but then we've got scenes of him making out with Halle Berry in fancy New York restaurants so maybe we should blame the writer. Who knows? I just lost 2 hours of my life to this pile of shit and I don't want to give it another moment of my time.

PS My spellcheck just said I have no misspellings but I bet a good editor can find 10 or 15. Carolyn? Have at it!

1 comment:

carolyn said...

See? Makes Grindhouse look good!

Too bad, I like Ribisi too.

Halle should just do sex scenes and give up on the acting.

"My spellcheck just said I **have** no misspellings"