Pages

April 14, 2007

Grammar Girl


I'm occasionally criticised by a few of you for my reluctance to spellcheck. Sometimes spell-checking in Blogger screws up the formatting but I've found a way to prevent that so I intend to spellcheck more and more. Spellcheck doesn't catch everything though so it's doubtful this blog will ever be typo free but I'm aware of my short-comings and awareness really is the first step to recovery. I hope this doesn't sound defensive but I'm not a horrible speller I just type very quickly with one finger and I'm a very bad proofreader. But I want to be better. I really do.

And helping me in my quest to be a better blogger is the amazing Grammar Girl. She has a podcast I listen to on the treadmill and I'm trying to retain a few of her tidbits. For instance, she taught me how to use a semi-colon; I'd never really used one before I listened to her. A semicolon is used to join two different but connected thoughts in one sentence; I hope I'm right about that. LOL.

So I'm introducing you all to my new friend, Grammar Girl. I hope you like her.

Click here for the Grammar Girl Podcast and Website.

No comments: