Pages

April 01, 2007

The Hills Have Eyes 2


This is the only film I've loved so far in 2007. I literally jumped out of my seat about 10 times. It's a million times better than the first one and it works on many levels. It's a complete metaphor for the war in Iraq. It involves a bunch of young and ill-equipped American military personnel sent to the desert to do a simple job and in the process they get ambushed by a bunch of crazy inhuman creatures. And the violence is hardcore; I have no idea idea why this isn't rated NC-17. I loved this film. If you like scary horror and war movies and political commentary you will LOVE this film.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The thing I like about the HILLS HAVE EYES remakes is that the wimpiest character always turns out to be the hero!

The heroes have both been intellectual, political liberals, too.

But if this is the only movie you love so far this year, you haven't seen REIGN OVER ME.