Pages

April 22, 2007

Fracture


Anthony Hopkins is my favorite male actor in the movies. His performance in Silence of the Lambs is my favorite screen performance of all time by any actor or actress. He's currently starring in Fracture and he gives another effortless/funny/dark/intelligent/vulnerable performance but he's just not in the movie enough. There were long gaps where he disappears and we get scenes of Ryan Gosling having conversations with characters we don't really care about. More Hopkins, please!

The movie is involving and entertaining but once again we have a story that could have been told in 50 tight minutes. The first 20 minutes is extremely tight and vital but after that things slow down and the movie starts to feel padded in places. During the first 20 minutes, I thought to myself, "if the movie stays this compelling, I'll be seeing it again." But now that I've seen the whole thing I'm not so sure.

I really, REALLY, enjoyed it but I'm longing to see more movies where every second is vital to the story; movies like The Fugitive and Silence of the Lambs. But if you only see one thriller this month I recommend Fracture over Perfect Stranger and/or Disturbia.

PS Ryan Gosling is very talented and extremely sexy.

And for some reason I farted alot during this film but, thank God, I was sitting away from people.

No comments: