Pages

April 30, 2007

An Open Letter To Jay


Here's our Dad with his fiance, Carol. Or as I like to call them, Clairol. (Our Dad's name is Claire) Anyway, we all had a lovely dinner. Lots of laughs. Her house was impeccable. She was charming, warm, and funny. It's obvious she loves to shop and decorate. Her outfit was really cute. She seems to really love Dad. It was all good and yet...the whole thing is just so damned odd. It's odd watching Dad kiss another woman and hold her hand. It's odd sitting with a total stranger who is suddenly now an intimate member of our family. And I was tired; up late the night before combined with 8 hours of driving round-trip. The whole day was...I'm not sure. And Kathy brought along another guy she is "crazy over" even though they only met 3 weeks ago. LOL. She sure moves fast. Takes after, Dad, I guess. Anyway, Carol is joining us at the ranch in June so you'll know more after that. We talked about you and your ultra-liberal politics. Dad thinks the longer you live in Washington State the more liberal you become. You make me seem like a moderate. Anyway, I thought of you the whole time. We all sat around trying to figure out how old you are. I think we decided on 43. I said 46. Don't feel bad, Dad guessed me as 32. I still think Debbie is about 25 even though she's actually 32. Ages and family; so complicated. I look forward to discussing this all with you in person. I miss you. The blogosphere misses you. Come back to the five and dime Jimmy Dean, Jimmy Dean.

No comments: