Pages

November 07, 2007

Rendition


Ronnie: You're retarded.

Rendition: That's not nice.

Ronnie: You make no sense. What are you about it? I saw you with a friend. He loved you but afterwards when I started asking him questions he realized he didn't understand anything about you. You do this stupid thing where you tell two stories simultaneously but one is actually happening before the other. Why? To what end? You're an idiot. I'm sorry but you are. Just because you got Meryl Streep to be in you doesn't make you smart. What is your point? Rendition is bad? Torture is good, sometimes. Life is complex? I spend two hours with you and you say nothing and on top of that you don't entertain me? I hate you Rendition. I hate you!

Rendition: Does this mean you don't want to go out anymore.

Ronnie: Not with you! We're over. I'm sorry. Don't call me anymore! And if you see Reese, tell her I'm sick of her shit, too. She talks like a valley girl and it really gets on my nerves.

Rendition: Jeez, you're in a bad mood, today.

Ronnie: It's you. You bring out the worst in me. That's why I can't see you anymore. I'm sorry, but it's for the best. Please go now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This movie was a pretty flat exposition of the obvious.

Most of these politically heavy, Iraq or terrorism-oriented Hollywood films this fall are the same.

IN THE VALLEY OF ELAH is the only good one so far, and it doesn't even develop the political issues.