Pages

November 04, 2007

For the LOVE of Goldfish!



Me: People like your Goldfish movie!

Ronnie: That's nice, huh? I get more fan mail for my Goldfish movie than I do for my gay sex comedies. Maybe I should focus only on Goldfish movies from now on. What do you think?

Me: How 'bout a gay sex comedy starring Goldfish.

Ronnie: How come we keep capitalizing the word Goldfish?

Me: I'm not sure!

Click here to watch the Goldfish movie:

Quicktime: http://ronnielarsen.com/aavideo/goldfishmovietheater.htm

Windows: http://ronnielarsen.com/aavideo/windowsmedia/A%20Goldfish%20Mourns.wmv

_____________

Hi, I just watched this video all the way through with tears in my eyes. I didn't know that Goldfish would mourn for each other, although I should know better. Whales, dolphins and any animal, mammal or not, can form an attachment to another - even a different species - so mourning it's loss would be a natural thing, in my opinion.
However, your video captures the sadness that is just radiating from the big Goldfish, it's absolutely heart breaking to watch.
I had a small dog that wept actual tears when his companion of 8 years died and was inconsolable (crying, not eating, not wanting to go out, etc.) for weeks until I finally broke down and got him a new companion. It was funny, however, that even with a new puppy in the house, he continued to mourn for the rest of his life (he died at age 16) for his first companion and would pick up his ears whenever I said her name, poor little guy.
But yes, all species have the ability to mourn, feel sad, get lonely, be happy and get excited - just like we do.
Your video was absolutely fantastic. To capture something like this on tape is wonderful even if it is heartbreaking.
How is the big one doing now?
Take care.
Peace,
Lynn

No comments: