Pages

November 01, 2007

A Great Vice President


Ronnie: Tough week, huh, Barack?

Obama: Not that bad.

Ronnie: Don't spin me. You held hands with a homophobic-nut-job preacher and lost a lot of gay support by doing so. Was that really wise?

Obama: I don't have to answer to you. I'm the future. I'm hope! I'm change. You need to trust me.

Ronnie: I don't think you're ready to be President. I said it a year ago and I stand by it. I'm sticking with Hillary. I want Bill back in the White House and this is the closest I'm ever gonna get, however, I think you'd make an absolutely lovely Vice President.

Obama: But I wanna be President.

Ronnie: 8 years as VP with Hillary then you'll be ready to be President, assuming, of course, you guys don't fuck it up. How's that for a plan?

Obama: Honestly? I'm a very busy man. I find you very condescending and I don't wish to continue this conversation. Take care, buddy.

And as quickly as he arrived, POOF, he was gone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I love your "conversation" with Obama! Personally, I favor him over Hillary but I too wish that Bill was back in the White House, my life was much better then than it is now.
We need a younger person in the White House, somebody with bold new ideas and the ability to push through the necessary changes. My income (Social Security Disability) has been eroded by the cost of living going up, to the point that I now have to visit the food shelves in the area just to get by, and meat is a rare thing. I make a very unwilling vegetarian and would rather not eat than try to make a meal out of just veggies! I've had to give up my house and my car because of "Republicanism". I sometimes have the feeling that if Bush could he'd euthanize (spelling?) anybody that was old, different and/or handicapped - it would solve his view of Social Security problems by making it unnecessary. As it is, I'm going to have a hard time making it through until the new admin can get things back in working order, but I do hope I'll make it! I feel there is something I have to do in my lifetime that I haven't done yet but I haven't figured out what it is either!
Anyway, any administration other than the one we have now will be a vast improvement - it'd be hard to be worse!
Take care.
Peace,
Lynn

Anonymous said...

Stephen Colbert is the only candidate that I take seriously this time around.

None of the other candidates are specifying a compelling change in Iraq that will bring our involvement to a successful close.

None of the other candidates are proposing to let the Iraqis elect their own future, borders and approve our occupational forces through referendums, which is the only right and viable thing to do. Nothing else will create reconciliation, stability, justice or peace, in my view.

Obama, Hillary, Giuliani or Romney will all mean another 8 years of unconditional quagmire, bloodshed and untenable governance in Iraq without an exit strategy.

So I'm not looking forward to the future and I have no confidence in these people.

Now with Stephen Colbert in office, I would at least get truthiness ...