Pages

October 14, 2005

Wallace and Gromit and the Curse of the Who-Cares!


Why did I sit thru this silly clay thing about British people with bad teeth and vegatable addiction?

Well actually I didn't, I vacated the cineplex after 30 minutes.

I only leave something when I feel totally bored and I was TOTALLY bored. I'm a sucker for pop culture and after getting rave reviews and winning over 90% of the critics I decided I would go even though my gut said,"don't do it." Trust your gut! That's what I learned! Trust your gut!

A major problem with this venture is that Wallace is totally unlikable, he has a dog named Gomit, that never speaks but can drive a car and knit. Gromit knitting in the car was mildly amusing for 10 minutes but the knitting dog needs to find a better vehicle and an owner who isn't a knit-wit!

The creator of these characters is always winning Oscars but for what??? The story was boring, the action unclever, the characters are all idiots and the pacing is sloooooow. If I'm gonna wtch clay figures walk around I'll take Gumby anyday! Remember those Christian clay characters on Sunday morning TV, I think they were called David and Goliath, those were much more involving than this and I'm not religious. I love clay figures, some of my best friends are clay figures but Wallace and Gromit are simply not engaging. At least not to me.

No comments: