Pages

October 14, 2005

A History of Violence


I fucked up and waited too long too see this movie, I heard too much about it. The trailer gives waaaay too much away but having said that it's still a very fun ride.

I'm not sure it's as profound as it thinks it is but it is extremely entertaining and that's why I go to the movies. Entertain me, goddammit!

There isn't enough violence in the movie to satisy my bloody tastes but what is there is jaw-droppingly good. It's got the kind of violence that makes you gasp in horror and glee at the same time the kind of violence you feel in your body as it's happening on the screen. Viggo Mortenson kicks ass and the audience I saw it with were responding quite vocally. The wife is played by Mario Bella and if i didn't know better I would have sworn I was watching Diane Lane.

Thrown in amongst all this violence and family angst are some nice shots of Viggo Mortensons bare ass and chest and a full frontal shot of Mario Bella. It's always intrigiung seeing a big hairy vagina up on a 40 foot screen even for a big fag like myself!

Ed Harris and Wiliam Hurt are both very interesting, giving odd performances that usually are done by Christopher Walken. I recommend it absolutely.

PS I saw both these movies at my favorite theater in the entire world, The Grove. The amount of hot guys who go to the movies there is staggering. This place definitely needs a gloryhole!

NOTE: Two weeks later I'm still thinking about this movie so maybe it is profound. I'm not sure yet. I might go see it again.

No comments: