Pages

October 31, 2005

Saw 2


Saw 2 is a very well-behaved horror movie. It does everything it's supposed to do. It's creepy, suspenseful, scary, chilling, disgusting, sexy, fast-paced, bloody and well-acted.

Saw 1 had a very creepy ending and the single worst performance ever given on screen by a well-known actor (Carey Elwes)

Saw 2 far exceeds Saw 1 in every way.

I saw it at the Arclight in LA where people actually behave while watching. No cell phones go off, no talking. I just don't love the Arclight because it's assigned seating and I hate being told where to sit but still, it's a very nice theater with very well-behaved patrons.

Anyway, Saw 2 did all the right things and I enjoyed it very much. Every character makes the worst possible decision but I think maybe that's the point. If the characters were more rational and not so emotional there wouldn't be a movie.

I went alone because no one I know, I repeat, NO ONE I KNOW wanted to see it but it did 30 milllion this weekend so somebody besides me must have gone.

Oh and before I forget, Happy Halloween. BOO.

No comments: