Pages

October 07, 2005

Thoughts: Bang, your dead!

I watched a car thief get shot today on live today. It was shocking and it confirmed my belief that fictional violence in movies deoes not desensitize anyone to real violence cause when I saw that guy get shot my mouth dropped and I experenced shock, horror, disgust, anger, giddiness and when I see bad guys mowed down in boring Hollywood movies I feel nothing but bored.

The real thing is never boring.

Though, I must confess, a couple of years ago I got addicted to a video game called Shadow Warrior and I played it for hours and hours everyday. After two weeks, every night, i would dream of blowing up bad guys. The game pervaded my dreams and I would wake-up exhausted from all the fighting but it didn't make me want to go kill anyone.

Discuss.

No comments: