Pages

February 27, 2007

Regina Fong lives!!!!!!!

This video shows the closest I ever came to being a member of a cult or becoming a religious fanatic. When I was 19 and in London for 6 months I would go every Tuesday night to the Black Cap in Camden to see and worship the amazing Regina Fong. A few years ago I found out she had died of cancer and I was, of course, incredibly sad. But thanks to the glory of YouTube she is alive again performing her famous finale. Check out this clip and picture me packed in this club with 300 other strangers doing this routine that we all knew by heart and did three times in a row at the end of each show. The video only shows it one time thru but I swear to God (Regina), we did it three times in a row at the end of a very long but thrilling evening. Watching this show every tuesday night and learning all the routines was some of the purest joy I have ever known.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

looks like fun!