Pages

February 11, 2007

Dear Dad,


My Dad came to Oceanside this week and we built a bed together. I wanted a bed with lots of storage underneath. He was amazed at my ease handling a screw gun. I said, "Dad, what do you think I've been doing for the last 15 years?" The theatre has always felt like a blue-collar job to me. Theaters are filthy, messy, dirty, places. I know more about screw guns than I ever wanted to. Anyway, the bed is lovely and it was great doing a project with my dad. I felt like I was 8 again and we were building a car to compete in the Boy Scout Pinewood Derby. If you don't know what that is, here's a pic that could've been me about 30 years ago.

The next day we walked down the beach and had breakfast and I could not keep up with him! It felt like power-walking. My dad is 70 but in perfect shape, very athletic! I wish I had his genes but I was adopted so, oh well.

The week before my Dad came down to Oceanside I was in Bakersfield and I put on a suit and tie and went to the Mormon church with him. Mormons are EXTREMELY nice people. It's true. I'm not being sarcastic. Mormons are very, very nice. And very clean.

1 comment:

Jay Larsen said...

Is Dad copping a feel off that girl?