Pages

February 25, 2007

Attack of the Netflix


I did something this week I've never done before. I added movies to my Netflix list that are still playing in theatres because I have other things I need to do in the next two weeks then try to catch all the mediocre films filling the local cineplex (Ghostrider, Smokin Aces, etc). So I added a bunch of films knowing they'll be out in a month or so on DVD. This is a big change for me. Usually, I pressure myself to see things while they're still in the theater but recently I've just given up. There just isn't enough time to see Rocky Balboa and Perfume and Volver and Primeval. So I added them and I don't feel an ounce of disappointment. Besides, some of the screens at the Oceanside multiplex are so small, at times it feels like I'm watching a movie on a wide screen TV in someones house albeit a house full of hunky Marines...LOL. But I digress. So maybe the DVD really will devour the movie-going experience. I hope not. But it feels more and more possible.

No comments: