Pages

February 17, 2007

Breach


I saw Breach yesterday. I'm very good friends with the production designer, Wynn Thomas, and I always get a kick out of seeing his name in the opening credits. Yesterday, I took a pic of his name with my camera phone. Is that illegal???

Anyway, the movie is good but not great. Chris Cooper gives a wonderfully complicated performance as disgraced FBI agent, Robert Hanssen. I was dissapointed by the pacing (too slow) and parts of the script seemed like filler. I lost interest when Cooper left the screen but I would still reccomend it and not just because my friend designed it. It's a fairly interesting film, which is saying alot these days!

Although, on a side note, I saw the director on Charlie Rose and he talked about wanting to make a film about the FBI in a way that had never been done before. If he thinks he's achieved that he is woefully deluded BUT it's not a bad film.

No comments: