Pages

February 25, 2007

Jesus Camp


I don't really love watching movies at home because I wind up paying only half attention unless the film is riveting throughout. Jesus Camp, an amazing documentary about the evangelical movement and it's focus on children is absolutely riveting throughout. Part horror film, part black comedy the people in this movie are disturbed and the filmmakers let them hang themselves with their absurd perspectives and theatrics. In one disturbing scene, a mother, homeschooling her son warns him of evil public school where, "they actually believe the earth is more than 6,000 years old." About 20 times during this film I said, out loud, "Oh my, GOD! There are even scenes with gay (now ex-gay, lol) preacher, Ted Haggard, preaching to a huge congregation before his drug-filled sex life caused him to resign from the church in disgrace. After the sermon the young boys approach him the conversation is fucking creepy! This film is so damned delicious, I can not reccomend it highly enough. I beg you to watch it. Jesus Camp!

Click here to read interesting stuff about the film.

No comments: