Pages

February 02, 2007

Pan's Labyrinth


I sat through the whole thing. What a phenomenal bore! Stupifying! I kept wanting to leave but then I knew people would say, "you didn't see the whole thing! How can you judge it???" Well I saw the whole thing and I was completely bored for 92% of it! I didn't care about the people, or the conflicts. I just thought it was utterly slow and utterly dull, UTTERLY! Maybe if it was edited to a swift 30 minutes, maybe...but as it stands now...zzzzzzzzzzzz. The only filmmakers alive who know who know how to make fairy tales are Steven Spielberg and Tim Burton. Maybe if one of them rewrote it, recast it, redesigned it and redirected it...maybe then there'd be a film but as it stands now...dull, dull, dull.

And I especially love how they try to market it as some gore, scary, fantasy thing. LOL. This thing is a fucking bore. Look at the poster! They know damn well they're mis-marketing this movie! The theater I saw it in was EMPTY! The word must be getting out!

No comments: