Pages

November 16, 2006

Under the Gunn


While waiting to see the hairdresser who fucked my closeted ex-boyfriend (and by the way, closeted men are hot) I noticed my very un-closeted hero Tim Gunn on the cover of a magazine called Instinct. Is this a real magazine that peole read?

Anyway, the profile on Tim Gunn (Project Runway) was very interesting, he talked about being devastated by the way he was dumped by his last boyfriend and he says he has never gotten over it and that he will NEVER have another boyfriend because it was too painful.

I hate the idea of my hero, Mr. Make-It-Work-Gunn, having pain in his perfect body but the words his ex-lover used were so cutting, so rich, so harsh, so quiet, that I feel the need to repeat them here.

His lover simply said," I don't have the patience for you anymore." And poof it was over.

"I don't have the patience for you anymore."

This is my new favorite line. I hope to start using it often. I think the trick is to say it like a confession not bitchy. Don't say it mad, say it like it's a revelation.

"I don't have the patience for you anymore."

This is actually the reason I've taken a break from working in the theater.

"I don't have the patience for you anymore."

I'd like to see that on Google qoutes:

"I don't have the patience for you anymore" Tim Gunns ex-lover

No comments: