Pages

November 15, 2006

Attend the tale of Sweeney Todd!


13 Oceanside barbers in one tiny shop do 80 Marines a day on Sundays. Sometimes more than 80. They specialize in the quick buzzcut, the High & Tight, the Horseshoe, the Medium Regulation. They DON'T, however, specialize in cutting civilian hair and Ronnie Larsen is a civilian but I wanted the experience of using a local barber. I knew it was a mistake the minute I sat down. He cut so slowly, so carefully, it was painfully obvious he was lost. Confident people tend to move quickly.

I said cheerfully, "when was the last time you cut a civilians hair?"

"It's been a while!"

"Oh shit!", I thought to myself.

60 minutes later my hair was officially fucked up; uneven, choppy, whatever. I paid, left the store and began looking for a real hairdresser, NOT a chop-shop barber! You can't really tell how fucked up it is unless you really look at it but once you look closely you see the signs everywhere, so clearly. My head is the Da Vinci Code.

My neighbor summed it up best.

"Ronnie it's fine, it looks nice, oh wait, oh you're right, it's uneven, oh, I see it now, oh you're right, they really did fuck up your hair, oh that sucks, you can't really tell though, well sort of but not really."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aw, I'm sure once you find someone better it will look great. At least you can only tell up close. It's like so full of monet.