Pages

April 02, 2006

All About My Mother



Well, on February 25th, 2006 at 3 o'clock in the afternoon my mother passed on to her next life.

It's been the most emotionally-complicated experience I have ever had. I knew that I would be profoundly sad but I wasn't prepared for the feeling of relief that swept over me in the ensuing days. Sadness followed by relief followed by guilt (for feeling relieved) and then sadness again. That's been the cycle.

There is so much to discuss regarding this huge event and I'm sure that I will in the future but now is not the time. I do, however, want to return to the fascinating world of blogging but it didn't feel right to blog until I explained why I have'nt for the last two months.

So there it is.

Jeanette Marie Larsen adopted me three months after I was born and 37 years later I'm a pallbearer at her funeral and everything in between flew by too quickly.

I edited two video tributes to my mother for her funeral. If you want to watch them you can click on the videos below or go to my Web site. RonnieLarsen.com



1 comment:

Jay Larsen said...

Great job on the videos. It meant so much to all of us, and gave us all a chance to see Mom not just as she had been the last few years but as a vibrant living person.

Love You,