Pages

April 06, 2006

The Private Life of the Master Actress

Congratulations to Tracy Hostmyer who got a rave in the NY Times today for her performance in a play by Bertolt Brecht entitled The Private Life of the Master Race. There is a great picture of her, too.

I had the joy and honor of directing Tracy in the very first play I ever directed. She played Celia for me in As You Like It by William Shakespeare in Fresno, California in 1988. She was awesome.

Tracy is that rare kind of actress who is always intelligent, elegant, funny and grounded all at the same time. She has a wicked smile and a great sense of humor and she is soooo beautiful. I remember that everyone (audiences, co-stars and gay men) were always falling in love with her.

If you're in NY, whch I am not right now, go see this play and you can fall in love with her, too, just like I did back in 1988 in Fresno, California.

No comments: