Pages

January 30, 2006

The Matador


I'd like to thank the director of The Matador for including the song A Town Called Malice by the Jam in his movie. I forgot how much I love that song. I went right home, downloaded it and I've been listening to it ever since. It has given me hours of pleasure.

I'm not sure how anybody could dislike The Matador. It's very breezy, funny, interesting, suspenseful. The acting is good. Pierce Brosnan is funnier than I've ever seen him. The pacing is brisk. It's nice to look at it.

I think good movies like this are under-valued. We tend to focus on the great movies and the shitty movies but I wish there were more just-plain-good movies. This movie is good. Hallelujah!

(I had to look up the word, hallelujah, I had no clue how to even begin to spell it.)

No comments: