Pages

January 30, 2006

King Kong and Capote (2nd viewings)



I saw both these movies, again.

Capote is so good. I'm in awe of the script, direction and performances. My friend thinks it's too ponderous. Maybe a little. But what would you cut? Seeing it a second time it just feels perfect.

King Kong is soooooo great. Not the movie but the ape. The movie is good but the ape is so sad. King Kong truly gives one of the most heart-breaking performances of the year. The second time i saw it i went in an hour late cause I didn't care to see the big lead up to the Island again and I left once he climbed the Empire State Building cause I couldn't stand see him killed, again. The way humans treat King Kong is a metaphor for the disgusting things we do to animals. KIng Kong makes ,me waqnt to join PETA. My favorite moment is when King Kong destroys the inside of a New York theater. It reminds me of my youth.

No comments: