Pages

January 05, 2006

Brokeback Mountain (3rd time)


I have now seen this movie three times. It is such a complex experience for me. Every time I express an opinion about it I find myself disagreeing with myself five minutes later. I'm not sure I even like this movie. Well, of course I like it, but it's impossible, really. It's frustrating. I can't express myself. No movie has ever had an impact on me this way before. It's frightening, really. It's perfect. A perfect piece of entertainment. No holes. No fat. Everything perfectly constructed like a perfect bomb. I don't even know what I mean, excactly. What the fuck, man! I wish I knew how to quit you!

1 comment:

Ross said...

I saw this movie for the first time a few days ago too, and have to admit, it was a good movie. I didn't want to watch it, but my wife rented it and curiousity got the best of me. It was a really tragic kind of love story, and an excellent movie all around.
I'm not anti-gay or anything, but having to accept the complexity of the love that Ennis and Jack shared made me challenge a lot of ideals and stuff, and that makes it a great experience.