Pages

October 04, 2006

A Poem From Brother Larsen

My very interesting brother sent me this poem and photo (below) via e-mail. The photo is taken from photos on my blog. I didn't even notice the Jackass tattoo til 5 hours later. Very funny. It's interesting when my friends tell me that blogging is a waste of time. I tell them that one thing that comes from blogging is that I learn things about my brother (Jay) and my friend, Carolyn that I wouldn't otherwise have known. How many people really communicate with their brother every other day? Blogging has brought us closer together and yet my non-blogging friends argue that blogging is a waste of a time. Fuck those bitter motherfuckers! LOL My one friend recently told me that you can't take anything on a blog seriously. He feels that because blogs have typos they are not credible sources of information. This statement is so ignorant I can't even fathom it.

My argument goes like this. If Chicken Little writes on his blog that the sky is falling and the sky REALLY is falling but he misspells the word "faling" does it mean the sky is not falling??? And if Jason Blair writes the next day in the NY Times that the sky is NOT falling but he spells "falling" correctly does it mean the sky is NOT falling? See I just want to know whether or not the sky is falling. I don't care where I read it or who writes it whether it's Jay Larsen, chicken Little or the NY Times.
________________




The Readers Digest version of your blog
For no reason at all
Attached as a JPEG
Because it takes a long time
To understand nothing

Love Ya.
Jay Larsen

Jays Poetry Blog
Jays Political Blog

1 comment:

Jay Larsen said...

Blogspot.chickenlittle.com is one of my favorite blogs. Just kidding.

The Internet is one of few ways normal citizens can talk to each other. So that is why the corporations are lobbying so hard to do away with it. They will do away with it in the name of security, but they will get rid of it.

So enjoy your blogs, misspellings and all, while you still can.

Oh, glad you liked the poem.