Pages

October 20, 2006

My friend Carolyn is addicted to knowledge...


I'm worried about her. I just got this comment from her and I loved it so much i wanted to post it. Carolyn is one of the smartest people I've ever met. Maybe even the smartest.

________

Lately the news is full of this "internet addiction" stuff and I too don't get it. Before the internet it was newspapers & books. It's an information addiction, and is that really such a bad thing? There are TV addicts too, but there are people that are just as addicted to the discovery channel as to sports. I remember as a kid reading the encyclopedias, cover to cover, for fun! Honestly, who is being hurt here? Self-medicating with a desire for knowledge? A fear of people thinking too much?

Carolyn Anhalt

_______

1 comment:

carolyn said...

awww, you're so sweet!