Pages

October 17, 2006

The Marine


John Cena plays a hot Marine who gets kicked out of the Corp and returns to boring life with his girlfriend. She gets kidnapped, things blow up, lots of people get shot, more things blow up and alls well that ends well. I loved this movie. In the 80's, Hollywood and Joel Silver use to churn this crap out all the time and great entertainments like the Die Hard films often grew out of this formulaic genre. But those days are over. The Marine is a great throw back to that era. It doesn't take itself too seriously and lots of shit gets blown up. Oh, and John Cena is fucking hot! He's a professional wrestler with an amazing body and minimal acting skills. My dream man.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have to disagree with you on this one.

THE MARINE is just pyro-masturbation.

Bigger explosions don't make an exciting action scene or keep me on the edge of my seat.

Nor do totally unbelievable, catty and immature characters.

THE MARINE is full of confusing action scenes where they don't convey the physical story: the object, the physical relationships, the goal, the obstacle or the stakes very well. It's just close-ups of guns shooting, objects shattering and bodies flying.

And did you notice the HUGE CANKER on John Cena's bottom lip during his lunchtime chat with his co-security guard?

I've never seen a herpal lesion on a movie character that wasn't deliberate before. In all fairness, I do envy whoever gave it to him.

I'd saying watching a WWE movie is as agonizing as a body-slam from The Big Show, but wrestling is fake. Their movies cause REAL pain.

Anonymous said...

I loved the herpe or is it herpi?

I'm not saying this movie was great but it made me nostalgic for those 80's movies. They don't make crap like The Marine anymore. They use to churn these things put at the same pace they churn out horror movies today.

The crap now has a different vibe. It's not as innocent.

Anonymous said...

the above comment was by me. ronnie