Pages

October 13, 2006

Finishing the Hat


As you may or may not know...In 1986 I was senior class President of Foothill High school in Bakersfield, California...I went to a really cool school and even though it was a conservative (some would say redneck) town, I was openly gay and was embraced my school. I loved high school and I loved my class. Truly.

Flash forward 20 years and I'm in charge of organizing the reunion. We have a great committe so it's not all on my shoulders but it has been quite alot of work. Anyway. Tonight is our Homecoming game and I'm driving up to Bako (that's slang for Bakersfield) to cheer on my Alma Malter. But here's my question: should Alma Mater be capitalized?

So here's the hat I made to show my school spirit I hope you like it! The materials cost me 31 dollars at Wal-Mart but I fear it looks like it only cost 5 bucks. I hate looking cheap. you know. When people see me I want them to say, "wow, you look like 31 bucks!"

It's supposed to rain, so by the end of the night, my hat should look very interesting.


2 comments:

carolyn said...

oh

my

god

i never went to homecoming even when i was a student!

Anonymous said...

You look like $31 to me... 36 even :-)
-MG