Pages

July 28, 2006

There is only one Michael Mann!


I don't remember ever reacting so intensely to a movie still upon first viewing. I was browsing the NY Times this morning and saw this image and I literally gasped. A purple cloudy sky! So beautiful. The sliver of city lights. Stunning! Look at the lining peaking thru on Jamie Foxx's jacket. Look at the intense white strip at the top of the cell phone against the black shirt. I love you, Michael Mann. I can't stop staring at this picture! I can not wait to see this. The image alone evokes memories of Collateral. There are two directors in Hollywood who create tones and moods and use color in ways that are completely and uniquely their own: Tim Burton and Michael Mann. I never thought the day would come when I would say, "I'm dying to see the movie version of Miami Vice", but that day is here! Please don't suck! Please!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why does Colin Farrell always look like he need a bath?