Pages

July 02, 2006

Is the glass half full?


Long story short: my glasses broke. I went to Lenscafters but it was too late to have an eye exam for the day and since I haven't been back in 3 years they said I had to have an eye exam before they issued me new glasses. It was annoying. They also said they didn't make my frames anymore. Of course not! Why would they?

I needed glasses! I couldn't wait! Mind you, I'm not blind or anything, well metaphorically maybe but not literally but still...without my glasses everything just feels a little soft.

So I get this brilliant idea to go to Rite-Aid and find some glasses and pop the lenses out and super glue my lenses to the new frames because, of course, I didn't expect the lenses to pop in the new frames. Luckily, I took Dr. Horwitz with me to the store and while I was stupidly shopping for super glue she was popping out lenses and squeezing my old lenses into new frames. And just like magic, they fit perfectly! Thanks Doc!

So instead of paying 400 at Lencrafters I now have "new" glasses from Rite-Aid for 12.99. I'll still get new glasses this week cause I think these make me look like one of those desperate-to-be-hip-retro-gay-guys.

I'm desperate, but not to be hip!

So what do you think of my new glasses???

3 comments:

carolyn said...

i love them!

Anonymous said...

Like oh my god! Their sooo you!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a smart idea. I like retro glasses but they make me feel like I need to change my wardrobe and start listening emo music. You can't beat $12.99 though!

-Michelle