Pages

July 16, 2006

The Devil Wears Prada


There is a fascinating speech in the Devil Wears Prada about a blue sweater. Well not blue but "cerulean". The speech is all about the power of fashion and how colors are picked by designers and then trickle down and impact the common clothes we all wear. I'm not explaining it very well but it was the best written speech I've seen all year at the movies. Unfortunatly, the rest of the movie was written by a 3rd grader who has obviously never seen an episode of Project Runway. The people on Project Runway are fascinating, driven, eccentric, talented, focused and cuthroat. The people in Devil Wears Prada are just assholes; selfish, unfunny assholes. But that speech about "cerulean", oh that speech, it illustrates what the movie could've been if the person who wrote that speech had been allowed to write the entire script.

PS I've seen about 12 movies I haven't written about. That's how behind i got. Not that anyone cares but I'm enjoying keeping a record of every movie I see.

PPS: Hollywood did it again last friday. They released another batch of movies I would pay NOT to see. You, Me & Dupree (not me), Little Man (uh, thanks but no thanks) I'm waiting on Miami Vice because I love Michael Mann. Collateral was my favorite film 2 years ago, or whatever year it came out. I saw it 5 times at the theatre. And of course I'll be there opening day for Snakes on a Plane! Sssssssssss

No comments: