Pages

November 08, 2008

Saturday Protest

I have lots of tidbits and opinions about the protest today. I might make a video blog about it. Where and when is the next protest. I'm ready! Have sign will travel. Some of the gay organizers asked me to put my sign down. They felt it was too angry. "We want to spread a positive message. We don't want to make enemies. We want to make friends" To which I replied, "Fuck off!" I believe anger is EXACTLY what's called for over this. Let the people who voted against us know that we know and that we are PISSED and that their will be a price to be paid. Let's say your company contributed to Yes on 8. Do you really want a 100 pissed off gay people standing outside your store? And why the fuck are we marching in gay neighborhoods? Let's march in straight neighborhoods. Let's march in Orange County. I love the idea of protesting outside churches. I'm thinking of heading up to LA and protesting outside the Mormon temple in Westwood. When are we gonna protest outside the San Diego temple or the Oakland temple? I'm ready!

1 comment:

carolyn said...

Good for you! This issue has unfortunately brought out the real hate and fear that my mother has kept bottled up, and I think angry responses are justified. It is incredible that the mormons are acting so persecuted over this. In fact, they should be angry at the Catholic church for making them the cannon fodder for this issue.