Pages

October 30, 2007

Nigger vs Shit


Ronnie: Hey, can I ask you a question?

FCC: Make it quick.

Ronnie: Ok, I'm watching Bad Boys 2 with Will Smith and Chris Tucker.

FCC: Martin Lawrence.

Ronnie: Oh yeah, sorry, so I'm watching Bad Boys 2 on the USA Network and they keep calling each other nigger! Nigger this, nigger that.

FCC: What's your question?

Ronnie: Every time they said the word shit it got bleeped out. "That's bull-bleep nigger!" So I'm really confused. Is shit a less offensive word than nigger? And who is it less offensive to? Nigger is a derogatory word against black people but shit isn't really a derogatory word against feces. By bleeping one and not the other aren't you implying that feces deserves more respect than black people. Can you clear this up for me?

FCC: Well, I think in that specific film they don't really say nigger, which is a horrible word by the way, they say nigga, which is more of a friendly-casual word.

Ronnie: No, I'm pretty sure they say nigger.

FCC: Hmmmm. Well, I'd have to watch it again. I haven't seen it in a while. But I liked it better than Bad Boys 1. Does that answer your question?

Ronnie: Uh, no.

No comments: