Pages

July 10, 2007

Hello AT&T


As much I like Verizon, I like Steve Jobs much, much more. I'm a Mac addict, no doubt about it. I debated about waiting for the next version of the iPhone but the pull was just too much. So now my life is finally complete. Above is the first photo taken with the new phone. It's truly an amazing machine. Everything syncs up perfectly; all my Safari bookmarks, my contacts, my mail, my calender, my iTunes. I clicked on the YouTube button and ended up watching a clip from a British talent show with Simon Cowell. I'd heard about this clip, it features a salesman with bad teeth who sings opera. As I watched it I wept like a baby, it was the perfect beginning of my new relationship with my phone; tears of joy. But of course, we Americans love to complain so here are the problems so far:

1. No flash/light for taking pics in the dark, at least not that I found yet.

2. No instant messaging, but I already knew that going in.

3. It reads all my old mail as new mail, so the counter keeps telling me I have 25 new e-mails even when I don't. I'm sure there's a way to fix that.

4. It seems to have a limit on how many favorites you can have in your phone book and there's no speed dial thing but all my contacts are still in there it just takes an extra step, no big deal, really.

5. Ummmm, I can't think of anything else, but I'll keep you posted.

Enjoy the clip below:

2 comments:

Jay Larsen said...

6. It will now cost your Northwest relatives (who are on Verizon) money to talk to you, now that you are on AT&T.
7. It will now cost you money to talk to your non-AT&T relatives in the Northwest.

Unknown said...

On the other hands, you can talk for free to your friends on at&t! good thing you have lots of mirrors, you solved the self-portrait issue.