Pages

June 20, 2007

Oh Spielberg!


I saw a great summer movie yesterday; most entertaining film I've seen all summer. Unfortunately, it was Jurassic park and it was on my TV. What a perfect piece of entertainment! They should re-release it tomorrow on the big screen so EVERYONE can remember how a summer blockbuster is supposed to be made!

I worship Spielberg, period, but seriously, can we be honest? On The Lot is a miserable failure. The filmmakers are boring, delusional and arrogant. What a sad combination in an artist. I may be delusional and I can be arrogant but I'm rarely boring. To be all three is quite an achievement. Better films are produced on YouTube everyday by 13 year-olds with camcorders. The commercial breaks are more entertaining than the show itself. How did this disaster happen? And when will it go away? The only time the show came to life was when Michael Bay ripped them all new assholes last week. And speaking of Michael Bay, the Transformers trailers are kicking my ass. I can not wait. Please, God, let this movie deliver!

But back to On The Lot: How can a TV show about filmmaking be less interesting than shows about cooking (Top Chef) and dress design (Project Runway). The clever people at Bravo should be producing this show, but sadly, they are not.

No comments: