Pages

March 07, 2007

Smokin' Aces


I don't know what to say about this movie. I can't even describe it; it's so odd. The plot involves a bunch of crazy hitmen and hitwomen descending on a hotel in Tahoe to kill Jeremy Piven. The tone shfts so frequently I wasn't even sure what I was watching. It's filled with lots of famous actors doing lots of bizarre accents and wearing crazy clothes. At first it seems like it's gonna be a light action piece but then actors start crying and I guess we're supposed to empathize, I'm not sure. It's a truly bizarre hybrid of Quentin Tarantino, a Warners Brothers Cartoon and the Godfather films. I truly have never seen anything quite like it. I might see it again just to understand it. I did NOT hate it on any level, I just left scratching my head.
I was, however, the ONLY person in the theatre so that filled me with joy. I love having my very own Oceanside screening room.

No comments: